The concept of parenting and hostel care rests on the fact that children have needs, and these needs must be met to protect the well-being of the child. And it is important that responsible adults and suitable structures are available to meet these needs.
There are many reasons why boarding might be an attractive option for children. It is viewed as an option for parents with busy schedules, however, the boarding experience should be seen by all as an integral part of a child’s education. It enhances independence and allows young people to make some of their own decisions.
At Danbo International boarding, there are diverse areas of a student’s education that can be taken advantage of within the boarding environment.
Learning does not stop when classroom lessons finish at the end of the school day when a student returns to boarding house, the educational programme continues, and hostel staff are conscious of the learning opportunity that exists within the boarding environment.
At Danbo Internationa Boarding School, we have:
- A team of professional caregivers to provide optimum care and educational opportunities.
- A 21st-century boarding house designed to help meet students’ academic, spiritual, moral, social, emotional and physical needs.
- Our hostel environment is friendly, safe and secure with the state of the art facilities to accommodate, recreation, study and relaxation.
- Well-structured routine and programmes to deliver a sense of responsibility, independence, discipline, character building and life skills.
- Our food menu is international and brains friendly meals, working collaboratively with the recommendation of the International Middle Year Curriculum (IMYC).
- Housekeeping at it best is a core culture in our hostel. Prefects, room heads and table heads are groomed leaders in driving the motto of the school “High achievement for all”.
- Health and wellness is a significant priority for us
- Residential Nurse available 24/7 in the hostel.
- Routine health seminars and enlightenment programmes, such as personal hygiene, weather change, good eating habits and other health education activities are not left out.
- We also have, academic intervention programmes, prep, note checking, assignment supervision, group study, Quiz, debate and educational support activities, and we can move our slow learners to top ten best in their year group. Our result is a testament to this and others.
Finally, it is with pleasure that we look forward to receiving you to our boarding as a student or visitor. It is always a valued privilege to entrust us with the lives of young boys and girls for role- modelling, in the most conducive and secure environment. Thanks